Sunday, January 3, 2010

today's resolution

The third day of the year merits a goal... "no cookies or junk food" was eliminated from the list in my head only moments after the new year began... though no one else knew of my failure.  You see, by omitting the verbal statement part of the resolution, I find the lack of will power to abstain from or adhere to a new regimen less depressing. Without an utterance, without being whispered, the contract is less binding.  But, I do need mile-markers to start me off on the right foot...

This year I will accomplish something... or at least attempt to do so.
Kind of like a resolution... I suppose a shower or a book read could fall into the category of "something".

And because today I woke up feeling motivated... the desire to feel accomplished led me to the fire place.

I spent the majority of my holidays lounging in the glow of the flames, lolling around the living room with my cats and grandparents.  Sleep seeped over my eyes as I reread the same line in various books over and over; the floor as much as the couch served as my dozing zone.

Today I tackled... or rather toyed with... Etsy.  Some samplings of my peddlings:










No comments:

Post a Comment