Monday, January 11, 2010

Leopard-Skinned Headaches

Concert t-shirts and hidden tracks on singles... a couple of comforts after a night of elaborated enjoyment in the big city.

So many want to make it big.  It would be nice, I think... if there was a little more anonymity to the whole gig.  I love to perform, no doubt.  Some of my favorite times were had while zipping back and forth behind the curtain... out of the shadows of backstage and into the warmth of the stage lights that conveniently make each audience member a victim of face-snatchers.  

The satisfaction in preparing and learning a skill, developing it into a hobby and gladly losing control of it as you realize that it is you

Art... and I speak here of art as a general idea of creation...  seems to me to be most thoroughly fulfilled and completed when shared with others.  The creator, guitarist, painter, cannot view the final product without some form of emotional or critical attachment and therefore, I believe, better understands his work when witnessed by another.  The creator, in a sense, needs that verification to fully grasp the reality of having produced something beautiful... or painful... or funny. 





Last night, The Jug Huggers and Lawndart Casualty played at Exit/In and it is always exciting to see friends realizing their aspirations.  Fun show... great bands... and a couple of knights in a shiny red van to carry me away.  I don't work on Sundays.

1 comment:

  1. I think we should talk about said: anonymity. And I am serious. :)

    ReplyDelete