Thursday, March 29, 2012

Where are you from?

my aunt and uncle just called...
they've been in DC for a few days now -I stayed here to take care of the kitties- and they come home tomorrow.
they didn't say it, didn't have to, I heard it in their voices the desire to get back... the anticipation of arriving at the house... to their home... to security and comfort.
it made me sad... made me jealous... I don't remember the last time I felt that. At home... nor when the next opportunity to feel that will present itself...
belong somewhere... to someone, maybe.
I don't know how to answer when someone asks:
where are you from?




me acaban de marcar mis tíos...
llevan unos días en Washington DC -me quedé aquí a cuidar a sus gatitos- y mañana regresan.
no lo dijeron pero escuché en sus voces el deseo de regresar... la anticipación de llegar a casa... a su hogar... a seguridad y a comodidad.
me dio tanta tristeza... tanta envidia... no sé la ultima vez que sentí eso. en casa... y cuando me presentará la chance de sentir eso...
pertenecer a algún sitio... a alguien, tal vez.
no sé que responder cuando alguien me pregunta:
de
dónde eres?

No comments:

Post a Comment