Friday, March 30, 2012

creative procrastination

I have been invited to be the artist in residence at Colorado College during the month of September. The theme: my creative process.  This is where I am found out as an impostor... a fraud.  How will I possibly be able to explain this:


Step 1*: make some coffee. Drink it. If you smoke, do that...
Step 2*: read a book, the newspaper, some blogs, listen to the music posted on your friend's walls...
Step 3*: realize how beautiful food is while you prepare lunch [breakfast or dinner]...
Step 4*: doodle as much as possible, keep a book or note pad handy at all times...
Step 5*: dance any time the opportunity presents itself. Hang out with animals...
Step 6*: make a mess. Clean it up. Make another mess...
Step 7*: cut and paste and paint over and write on top of, mix images and text. Never erase...

*It is important to remember... these instructions are not set in stone, are adaptable and interchangeable. I only picked seven because I like that number. 

1 comment:

  1. We are so kin. I am adding new steps to my creative process thanks to you. I promise to stop erasing... your cuz in ky. (The state, not the jelly)

    ReplyDelete