Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Don't run the water!

I don't remember when I first saw this episode of Sesame Street, but each and every time I turn on the water to brush my teeth I think of this clip.  I can't find a video of it. I also didn't look too hard... but I can remember that fish's voice and I  have come to believe that he has played a vital role in my desire to reduce, reuse and recycle.




The little boy leaves the Water running while
he brushes his teeth and 
little does he know
the Pond that supplies his pump with water 
That is the poor fish's home!

I think at one point, I really did think it was that simple... and maybe that simple is how people need to think or explain in order for anyone to listen.  Besides, if we start now with the little ones, they won't think twice about tossing plastic in a different basket than paper and glass. Like iPhones... but simpler.

I once either got a fortune cookie or a bag of Yogi Tea that said the genius of one generation is the common sense of the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment